This is achieved as the novice undergoes:
- Fitness and Co-ordination Training. In traditional Tae Kwon Do, the student learns to improve his cardiovascular endurance and hand and foot co-ordination.
- Self Discipline. This is achieved through the focus of sight and mind. The student repeats the various fundamentals of Tae Kwon Do through discipline of technique performance as well as perfection of technique.
- Team Work. The student learns to work with fellow members as part of the team in class and interaction between peer groups.
- Respect. The student takes on more responsibility in terms of looking after juniors and guiding them. At the same time, he or she learns to seek guidance from his or her seniors and is respectful towards them.
- High Achievers. The student learns to persevere and develop a strong tenacity to be responsible for his or her actions and achieve set goals and tasks.
- High Morality. With the acquiring of skills which convert his or her hands and feet into lethal weapons, the student learns to abide by the tenants and the code of honor of Tae Kwon Do to achieve a sense of fair play, justice and loyalty to ethics of Tae Kwon Do. Not all Tae Kwon Do Schools advocate these methods. These are the ways of the Tae Kwon Do By Liens School.